Thursday 24 June 2010

This call may be monitored ...

For once I asked that the unsolicited call I got from someone trying to sell me something that I didn't want the call monitored.

And they said well we can't continue as it has to be monitored ...

Well fuck 'em then, not like I was going to change my phone account anyway as I know i'm on the cheapest one and I never make calls. Pity everyone didn't do it, hardly a way to sell something if they can't talk to you, they'd quickly change their tune.

Telstra btw ... actually they shouldn't even be calling me, last time they asked me (a very long time ago) I said I didn't want to know about 'special offers' anymore - probably just trying to drum up more business with the NBN deal.

Update: I'm not entirely sure of this, but it seems from some whirlpool discussions that any call involving a potential financial transaction must be recorded for legislative requirements. Still, they should not have been calling me anyway, and as soon as Internode offer a way to switch from ADSL2+ to Naked ADSL2+ in a way which I wont potentially lose an ADSL capable phone line (crowded copper issues), then the big T can get the big F..

No comments: