Monday, 6 February 2012

jjmpeg transcoding

Well I had a go at transcoding using jjmpeg. I added the binding required to get it to work and added a new JJMediaWriter class to handle some of the details.

It doesn't work very well - many formats just crash. But at least avi with a few formats works. I presume i have some problems with the buffer sizes or some-such.

Update: A misunderstanding of the JNI api means I was getting a ByteBuffer pointing to 0, rather than a null ByteBuffer. I've fixed that up and now the transcode demo works a bit better. I'm still not flushing the decoders on close, so it isn't complete yet.


No comments: